Hey there, and happy new year!
I couldn't help myself – I've always disliked the way I rendered the face in this painting of my engineer character, and lately it just got too much to ignore. To me it always made her look a bit severe, or undernourished, which wasn't the look I intended with the original line drawing.
So – as if I didn't already have enough to do – I went and changed it, didn't I:
I padded out her cheekbone, softened the jaw-line slightly, gave her a little more colour, and did another pass over the whole face with a brush to smooth things off a bit. I think the new version is definitely an improvement. She now looks more like the character I've had in my head for so long.
For interest, here's a comparison of the original pencil drawing, the original painting (centre), and the new version:
Thanks for stopping by!